cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cds43016
Level 7

Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W not deteced by Mcaffee - Microsoft Security Essentials detects it but does not remove - help!

Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W   has been found on computer a number of files  by Microsoft Security Essential but does not remove it. MacAfee doesn't detect it at all.  Since this has been discovered I've been having some issues with Internet Explorer hanging up and have gotten other viruses that MacAfee does detect. Help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W not deteced by Mcaffee - Microsoft Security Essentials detects it but does not remove - help!

Moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance

According to the VirusTotal Report this is detected by all major anti-viruses but you have to remember that each software maker gives it its own name.

Report here:  https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6dfaf95db632294751f598f4cf0340197af5cff198a68bcd1983450c3102990d/...

Name of this when detected by McAfee is:  RDN/Generic Exploit!1mv

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W not deteced by Mcaffee - Microsoft Security Essentials detects it but does not remove - help!

BTW MSE is an anti-virus that has to be installed, and having 2 or more anti-viruses installed at the same time can actually leave you open to infection as they start bouncing off each other.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I suggest you run Getsusp, Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes Free as linked in the last link below..  The particular infection you mentioned should be easily removed by McAfee anyway, but those will help.

As you give no details of your setup I have no idea if this is a home computer or in a business environment so it's difficult to advise with confidence.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I might add, when running the McAfee Getsusp Tool, please make certain your enter your Email Address under "Preferences", before scanning.

To keep MalwareBytes (Free) DO NOT accept any (Free) Trial Offers/or activate the Pro Version during the entire Download/Installation Process.

As Peter said, these would normally be suggestions for a Consumer/Home User.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos