cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: Email worm removal

I'm glad I could help!

Below is some more information and things you can try if you still think your system is infected.

Currently, there is a flaw in all versions (even patched) of Adobe Acrobat. It is advised to disable JavaScript in Acrobat until a fix is made available. Disable JavaScript in the Edit -> Preferences menu. Find the JavaScript section and make sure the option is unchecked to disable it.

I suggest installing an active AntiSpyware application. If you already have one, then continue to use it. Otherwise, try the official Microsoft Windows Defender.
Microsoft Windows Defender

While you probably have already scanned or checked your computer with McAfee, but in case it missed something, I suggest a second opinion scan by a faster, small, self contained AntiVirus that will clean what it finds in the case McAfee missed something.
ESET Online Scanner

Additionally, MalwareBytes has been known to be able to detect not only bad files AntiViruses miss, but also registry entries. Even if the file is missed, if the registry entry is removed, a virus would be disabled!
MalwareBytes Ad/Spyware Removal

Be sure you keep ALL of your computer software up-to-date as many internet aware applications are exploitable and can cause your computer to be automatically infected if tricked into going to a bad site.
This includes but is not limitted to: Windows, Office, Java, Quicktime/iTunes, Acrobat, Flash Player, and Firefox.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community