cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it corrupt games?

Not exactly my question but close. I tried to install Battlefield 1942 on my PC from the EA Warfare Collection and when it got to 90% after 3 minutes of installing (AMD 8 Core, Nvidia GTX 640, 8 GB Ram) and was installing the server console for the game, it gave a message that a file was missing and cancelled out the install and down at the right, it said that the computer scanned a Artemis trojan and deleted it. It turns out this problem had occured on some EA games and other games released several years ago and that the trojan was a false positive after i looked it up. Here's the main question: Is my installation disk corrupted? I'm thinking if i go and install it again, some crazy thing would happen to my computer. So i'm just asking if it's ok to install the game again.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Re: Does it corrupt games?

bobsburgers2013 wrote:

Is my installation disk corrupted?

Probably not. If McAfee is detecting one of the files on the installation disk and giving it an Artemis number we need to know what that detection number is. If you want to submit the file for checking and clearing then follow the instructions given here -

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1265

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

When you get a reply reply to it with The following

Subject line must say

FALSE:

Prefix the email subject line with the word FALSE. For example:

FALSE: In-house file being detected by McAfee

you could also add NOAUTO to prevent an automatic reply

Post the analysis ID here

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

Could you provide the submission ID or the full Artemis detection name?

Artemis detection name should be in the logs.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos