cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know a way around the Red Alert warnings for installing Greenshot, or what my true risk is?

I use this free download in the office, and wanted to load it on my home office computer, the McAfee security warning scared me out of it.  I;d like to "PrtScn" it here for you, cut I can't.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does anyone know a way around the Red Alert warnings for installing Greenshot, or what my true risk is?

It's your choice to ignore the warning if you are sure it's OK.

You can post a screenshot by first saving it as a .jpg to your desktop and then clicking the camera symbol on the line above where you are typing.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Does anyone know a way around the Red Alert warnings for installing Greenshot, or what my true risk is?

From what I can see, Site Advisor gives it a safe Annotation/Green? At least for getgreenshot.org...When and where are you getting a warning?

Edit; I concur also that it is rated (Safe) from a number of other sites as well.

It seems to be a (Free) lightweight screenshot software tool. However with all (Free) Downloads, one has to determine if it is in their best interest to install.

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/20/14 11:35:26 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

GreenShot is available for download from a number of websites, and all the sites I've checked have a Green rating. If you're getting a warning it may be that it's the file itself not the site that is triggering the warning.

Where are you trying to download it from?

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community