Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viking1967
Level 7

«DisableTaskMgr» and «DisableRegistryTools»: Reappearing reg key

Hi all...

What i've done so far...

I try this:

1) REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

2) REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

I walked him through finding the «DisableTaskMgr» registry key and the «DisableRegistryTools» registry key and told him to delete it and surprise su rprise after reboot it comes back!

I've check for this programs and the spyware on the site and no matches:

1) MCAFEE Security center 2009
2) Malwarebytes antimalware
3) Ad-aware
4) Bitdefender online
5) Trojan remover
6) Spybot search & destroy
7) CCleaner
8) Trend micro DCT
9) Prevx3

10) Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)

Only the product RRT Personal edition (http://www.sergiwa.com/) match : detect malware win32.classid-60731 - buy to remove...

This is log of HijackThis v2.0.2:http://www.ceramicamacias.com/log/hijackthis.log

Can you help me ?
Why MCAFEE Security center 2009 no match ?

Kind regards

Viki

Messaggio modificato da viking1967 on 11/26/09 7:46 AM

Messaggio modificato da viking1967 on 11/26/09 7:56 AM
0 Kudos
2 Replies
secured2k
Level 11

Re: «DisableTaskMgr» and «DisableRegistryTools»: Reappearing reg key

With so many scanners, it might be that you have something that not many security software vendors have seen. It also could be a policy set by a system administrator (normal Windows functionality). Another possibility is that with all that security software running, it may be set to block changes to those key areas. I would suggest you try the changes in Safe Mode with most all of the security software disabled. If the problem persists, a more detailed description of the computer setup would be needed.

Operating System, If it's on a domain or not, any other symptoms, ect.

DETAILS are extremely important.

0 Kudos
viking1967
Level 7

Re: «DisableTaskMgr» and «DisableRegistryTools»: Reappearing reg key

Resolved with update and scan Spybot search and destroy.

Regards

0 Kudos