cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan.pehrson
Level 7

Detected and Quarantined Artemis!1819D2F1CEF2. Are there any further steps I need to take?

Today my McAfee antivirus program detected and quarantined an instance of Artemis!1819D2F1CEF2. I'm not sure whether any further steps are necessary to protect my machine. If there are further steps, for example removing the trojan, how should I go about it? Anyone have some advice on this?

Thanks

Moved  provisionally to Artemis Discussion, where is more appropiate

Message was edited by: Moderator Catdaddy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Detected and Quarantined Artemis!1819D2F1CEF2. Are there any further steps I need to take?

Hi ,

By McAfee quarantining your Artemis Detection, keeps it from harming your system. If you feel it is a Legitimate File/or Program, you can follow the Guidelines/Instructions in the following link:

If you wish to remove from Quarantine, simply open your McAfee UI, click on Navigation, Quarantined and Trusted Items/Quarantined Items/Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs/Select/Delete/Restart.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
alan.pehrson
Level 7

Re: Detected and Quarantined Artemis!1819D2F1CEF2. Are there any further steps I need to take?

Thanks for your input!!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are perfectly welcome

That is why we are here ,to assist the best we can...

All the best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Please apprise us if you feel that your issue here-in has been resolved.

Thank you in advance,

Again,all the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos