cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex.overton
Level 7

Delta-homes

Jump to solution

Recently a virus got into my laptop, in the form of delt-homes.

Every time I started up Google Chrome, instead of the Google homepage I got the delta homes homepage. I tried everything the Internet said, and after a while I realised nothing was working, so maybe I should uninstall Google Chrome, which didn't help, and now this delta homes virus won't let me re-install it. I found out that the virus had also infected my internet explorer, yet after running countless McAfee scans it couldn't detect it as a threat, so I went on the Internet and found a Malware Security Site called SpyHunter 4 which scanned my computer and detected 891 threats, but because I dont pay for it it wouldn't remove the threats.

As I'm a 16 year old my dad pays for my antivirus and therefore has trusted McAfee for a very long time. My question is this - Why doesn't McAfee detect all these problems and fix them?

Please help! My GCSEs are this summer and I need my laptop to revise! If anyone knows how to get rid of this delta homes virus, some input would be greatly appreciatedSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Delta-homes

Jump to solution

Moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance as a better spot.

No anti-virus is 100% guaranteed.  A lot depends on you, your surfing and downloading habits and whether or not you keep your system totally up to date, all aspects of it.

However some adware may get through via whatever means so I always advise people to be cautious, watch very carefully when downloading and/or updating stuff, especially for extra unwanted downloads that may be tacked on.

Also keep some extra tools handy just in case.   Some are listed in the last link below.

There's an excellent removal guide for this particular one (browser hijacker) here:  How to easily remove Delta-Homes.com virus (Removal Guide)

Remember that some annoyances aren't classified as malware so those may not be stopped by anything.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance as a better spot.

No anti-virus is 100% guaranteed.  A lot depends on you, your surfing and downloading habits and whether or not you keep your system totally up to date, all aspects of it.

However some adware may get through via whatever means so I always advise people to be cautious, watch very carefully when downloading and/or updating stuff, especially for extra unwanted downloads that may be tacked on.

Also keep some extra tools handy just in case.   Some are listed in the last link below.

There's an excellent removal guide for this particular one (browser hijacker) here:  How to easily remove Delta-Homes.com virus (Removal Guide)

Remember that some annoyances aren't classified as malware so those may not be stopped by anything.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

alex.overton
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I followed these steps and it got rid of the virus!!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it, all the best ;-)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As Colleague Ex-Brit mentioned, one has to be diligent in paying close attention to what we allow to be installed on our systems. Even when you think you are indeed doing just that, there are unscrupulous applications that still get by.

Such is the case with your installation of 'Spyhunter 4'. I highly recommend removing this Application from your system as well. It is considered by many in the industry as a 'Rogue/ScareWare'  I thought I might insert a couple of Blogs/Documents to help you to better understand, how these Pesky/Pups arrived on your system.

Glad that all is okay

All the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos