cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kc51
Level 7

Delivery67.com virus

Jump to solution

I'm looking for support to remove a virus from my net browser.

Delivery67.com forces IE to launch to an apparently dangerous site. McAfee Site Adviser spots it and puts up a warning message, which is good. However, a full system virus scan by Total Protection has failed to identify the virus. I'm running the most up to date version of the scan.

Some anti-virus blogs suggest this virus is dangerous, though I'm not sure since they're also very keen to have me download their automated solution. Other sites have posted lengthy manual fixes involving the deletion of registry files, which I'm reluctant to do (I'm not very techy).

My preferred solution is an automated one, preferrably from McAfee (since I've paid for their anti-virus protection).

Any advice?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Delivery67.com virus

Jump to solution

OK, good luck ;-)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance.

SiteAdvisor warns against potentially dangerous websites while browsing - you would actually have to import something for your anti-virus to detect it.

That said, ffrom what I read it isn't a virus but more of a PUP or "Possibly Unwanted Program" and at worst Adware, which has to be deliberately installed.

Of course that can happen if one is not watching downloads as often other software will come along as a 'bonus'.   You have to be very careful.

There's an excellent removal guide here which I would reommend:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/delivery67-com-removal/

if something did download that you feel McAfee should detect and didn't, then submit it by email using THESE instructions or run GetSusp which is also mentioned there.

0 Kudos
kc51
Level 7

Jump to solution

Excellent - many thanks. The malwaretips.com option looks OK - will give it a shot.

Have had a look around since posting and suspect you're right re. Adware etc. Looking back over recent downloads, it may have been an unwanted bonus with a zip extractor.

Will post an update once I've tried your suggested clean up.

Ta.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK, good luck ;-)

0 Kudos
kc51
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey - thanks again for the help. Looks like it worked - I'll know for sure soon enough, but right now it seems pretty clean.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Good.  All the best ;-)

0 Kudos