cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shelbs
Level 7

Constantly pulling viruses out my computer. I mean daily and I am mostly just checking emails. Any way I can find where these are coming in?

Hi,

I am working on my father's computer and lately more than ever he has been pulling viruses like crazy.  He hasn't been changing his routine as to his computer usage.  He mainly is just reviewing emails.  Normally I would suggested that he did a virus scan weekly if not monthly, but within the past three days, I have scanned his computer a total of four times and pulled at least 15 viruses?  I quarantined most of them, but I can only assume that something is left venerable that they keep coming in.  Is there anyway I can find where? 

I just did a system restore on his computer Sunday with the restore disk and everything.  The very next thing I downloaded was McAfee and ran all the system updates. Not even a day later there are viruses on the computer?   I mean I am at a loss and I really don't want another virus reaking havoc on this computer again.

Any suggestions?  I am really getting sick of this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
anilk0512
Level 7

Re: Constantly pulling viruses out my computer. I mean daily and I am mostly just checking emails. Any way I can find where these are coming in?

Hi,

Update Mcafee with Latest Update; and download latest Microsoft Malware Removing tool from Microsoft site.

Restart the PC to SafeMode, And Run the Microsoft Malware Cleaner and Mcafee Scan. You can solve the issue.

After that Restart the PC and check the Firewall status also.

0 Kudos
x-DFUMAGAL
Level 7

Re: Constantly pulling viruses out my computer. I mean daily and I am mostly just checking emails. Any way I can find where these are coming in?

Hi,

I suggest you to run pc in safe mode, to disable System Restore, to disconnect pc from network and to run SDAT

1. Download it from: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=uk&segment=smb

2. Unzipp it via command prompt sdatxxxx.exe -e

3.  Run it via cscan.exe /ADL /ALL /ANALYZE /CLEAN /PROGRAM /LOUD/UNZIP /WINMEM /RPTALL /report=c:\scan.txt

Cheers

Davide

0 Kudos
krajagop
Level 9

If the user is not much into browsing / downloading off the internet and primarly uses the computer to check emails, I suspect that the OS is no updated and could have open vulnerabilities that exploits use to infect the system. Please ensure that you update windows by turning on auto update feature from the control panel. ensure that you reboot the machine once the updates are complete.

In addition to this ensure that you update the Antivirus regularly (set the scheduler to download updates everyday) and set up a schedule to automatically scan the computer weekly.

0 Kudos