cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcote
Level 7

Computer has 2 Artemis'

Hello,

I need help, my HP pavilion has two different Trojans one called Artemtis!DDFFF9EC6730 and the other one called Artemis!CF8740E9FEBE.

When I was trying to search them on my computer, to find out what to do about it my screen flipped and it's stuck upside down now, I have now turned my Internet connection off and am using my phone to find out what to do. I'm afraid it's not a false threat but how do I know for sure?

Also is there a way to get my screen back to normal so that I can actually, more easily navigate?

I've never had an issue with my computer before and if I can fix it without having to pay that would be awesome, someone please help me

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Computer has 2 Artemis'

ctrl + alt + the up arrow

or right click on desktop and go to nvidea control panel and fip the orientation.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2161599_fix-upside-down-computer-screen.html

Those might help if they do run the following scanners you find here.

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

never heard of this happening due to a virus those names generic till Mcafee gives them proper names I think. Did Mcafee remove them?

0 Kudos
rcote
Level 7

Thanks for the tip on the screen, it is nice to have it right side up again.

I ran a quick scan this morning and it didn't detect anything and when I looked at the history of the scan from yesterday it showed 3 found, 3 removed when before it said 5 found, 3 removed, so I'm a little confused but the extra 2 had the exact same name as the ones successfully put in quarantine

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Hmm have you tried to restore back before this happened might get rid of the issues.

Delete all internet temp files and temp files  as well.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

Artemis!DDFFF9EC6730 and Artemis!CF8740E9FEBE belong to the PWS-Banker family and therefore valid hits. If the product is updated and a full scan with latest DATs does not show any detection, it iis safe to assume that these two malware files were successfully removed. Would it be possible to post the snippet of warning dialog and the scan logs so that we can investigate the difference in number of detections?

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos