cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sta5y
Level 7

Can't remove artemis!C649BD38C313

Hi there

I just ran a scan of my computer and it found artemis!C649BD38C313. I tried to quarantine it but I don't think this worked as it is still showing up as "unable to delete" in my Potentially Unwanted Programs. Does anyone know what I should do to get rid of it? I figure it is a virus and I want it off my computer as soon as possible.

The same scan found another issue, artemis!192304424CF9. However, luckily, this was able to be deleted by Mcafee.

Help on removing this virus would be really appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Can't remove artemis!C649BD38C313

You may submit the Artemis! following these Guidelines/Instructions:

You could also run the latest McAfee Getsusp Tool, simply enter your Email Address under "Preferences before scanning.

Also you could follow up by running Malwarebytes (Free) and AdwCleaner, for second opinions.

To keep Malwarebytes Free. DO NOT accept any Free trial offers/Or Activate the Pro/Paid Version all throughout the Download/Installation process.You can obtain these Superb Programs and more here:

All the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
sta5y
Level 7

Thank you or the prompt reply! :-)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are more than welcome

That is what we are here for .....

Again,All the best

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I would suggest also running the Latest McAfee Stinger (Read how to use)

Also,delete after scanning for it,s Database is updated daily.  It is in that Link I inserted in Post #1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
rpk_50t
Level 7

Did anything work to remove ARTEMIS!C649BD38C313 b/c it is an issue that I have with my MacAfee virus & spyware protection scan?. Deleted one but not the other.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Have you submitted your Artemis! following the Guidelines/Instructions in this Link?

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Produts

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
sol
Level 9

Is there a file path to what made the alert? If so, have you checked to see if it is a PUP (unwanted program... possibly a process is running that needs to be stopped via task manager before it can be removed)

Just a thought

0 Kudos