cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
straitview
Level 7

Can't find source for repeated attempts to load "Artemis!..." on my computer.

I believe that I accidently allowed a trojan or worm to be loaded on my computer a couple of weeks ago. Since that time, there are at least two attempts immediately after bootup to execute files with the name "file_to_run" (followed by varying characters and parameters). These files are blocked by McAfee and I have to tell McAfee to remove them each time. The information box from McAfee says that the program is "Artemis!", which is always followed by a series of numbers. A full McAfee scan has not removed the source of these attempts, and a Malwarebytes scan did not help either. Since this occurs only when I connect to the Internet, and is always shortly after this connection, I am assuming that there is something on my computer that is loading these unwanted programs without my permission. Any thoughts or experiences related to something like this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Can't find source for repeated attempts to load "Artemis!..." on my computer.

May I suggest that you run the Latest "Stinger", " McAfee Rootkit Remover", and follow up by running the Latest "Getsusp Tool". Please read the (How to use) on both Stinger/McAfee Rootkit Remover before scanning. I might add in addition, please add your email address under "Preferences" in Getsusp, before scanning.

This Tool detects any Suspicious/Unknown programs. You should recieve a confirmation that any files detected have been submitted to McAfee Labs. Please save the Analysis ID # for future reference. You can also run "Getsusp" while being online.

You can locate these Superb (Free) Tools below my Signature (Second Link)

Wishing you all the Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 6/29/14 6:48:31 PM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Can't find source for repeated attempts to load "Artemis!..." on my computer.

I would also delete all temp files and internet temp files clear the browser caches and see if that helps.

Also best post the artemis number as well

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 30/06/14 2:43:33 PM
0 Kudos