Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bugles
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Can't find quarantine

Hello,

I'm one of many who got Generic!Artemis in my scan results.

I've been reading many threads and I can't find the quarantined file. Does anyone know where it is?

And if/when it's found, should I manually delete it? (I know very little about computers)

I want to send it to Avert but my email won't let me because (last time I tried with another detection) it was the subject line in the email that was entitled, "infected", and it wouldn't let me send it.

If it helps:

Virus Scan 13.0
Build: 13.0.218

The DAT was created today, I think...

Please help, or should I not worry?:confused:

Thanks!
3 Replies

locating quarantined files

to find your quarantined items please do this...

in your mcafee security center click on the advanced menu button on the lower left, click on restore, then click on program files and cookies (upper left), you'll see a list of quarantined items. click on files (upper left), you'll see another list...

if you put check marks on the boxes you'll have actions available on the lower right corner.

hope this helps...
bugles
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

RE: locating quarantined files

Thank you bua_ako! I appreciate the help 🙂

But should I delete them from Quarantine? Or should I say, "Remove" them? Now that I know how to find them, I see there are a few...

RE: locating quarantined files

But should I delete them from Quarantine? Or should I say, "Remove" them? Now that I know how to find them, I see there are a few...

if the files/items in your quarantine location are truly infections i think it would be safe to remove it from there...

to know more about the file make sure to examine the name of the file and the location of the infection... i think there are details in the quarantine window when you highlight a particular entry...

but... generally speaking once a file is quarantined it's technically have been deleted/isolated the difference of mcafee quarantining a file and deleting it is that you have an option to restore the quarantined file if in case that what is in there is a false-positive or a ligitemate file...

hope this helped... happy