cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mf112
Level 7

Can't eliminate Artemis!30C0376F9FB9

Hey,

I just got a new computer and I'm trying to import my back up files from my old computer.  I ran a mcafee scan first of the external hard drive that i was using to back up my old computer.  It wasn't much of a surprise but many of them are infected with the Artemis trojan (700 files).  So i've removed the files i didn't recognize (a .bat file) and restored the files that I did recognize and wanted to keep.  Well, i've re-run the scan and restored the files i wanted to keep several times and i keep coming up with the same number of infected files.  What am i doing wrong?

Thanks so much,

Mike

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Can't eliminate Artemis!30C0376F9FB9

0 Kudos
mf112
Level 7

Brit,

How do I know if it has been "identified wrongly as a threat"?

Mike

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Ask them to double check using the methods outlined there.   Research their names using Google.   Unless you want to hire the paid virus removal people of course.

Artemis detections are by definition, unknowns.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/01/10 9:57:07 EST PM
0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Can you zip up your scan report and post it up here please? We'll happily take a look.

Looking at the detection name you've posted in the thread title  the normal dats should be picking this up as generic.dx now too.

Sam

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi Mike,

The file received is infected and can be detected and removed with our current DAT     
files and engine. It is recommended that you update your DAT and engine files and scan
your computer again.

Detection Name: w32/autorun.worm.h 

You may wish to submit future malware samples to:                                     

https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp  

Use the following link to update your DAT and scan engine to the most current version:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/dat.asp   

Regards

Message was edited by: neha chattopadhyay on 1/29/10 5:47:10 PM CST
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

mf112,

That last link Neha posted is for Enterprise (Business) users only.   Just update in the normal way if it's the consumer version.

If you don't agree with these findings post back and/or follow the guidelines in my link I posted earlier.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/01/10 6:42:25 EST PM
0 Kudos