cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffer Overflow Problems at startup Help!!!

My computer has just recently had the analytic checks google virus. I seem to have gotten rid of it, but now every time I log on I get a message from McAfee that a buffer overflow was detected and blocked on my computer.

The process was C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe.

I have the SUPERAntiSpy ware system, Spybot - S&D, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and of course McAfee. They have all found a trojan all having tdss in the name. When I log on I get the buffer overflow message and all I see is the desktop background (not toolbar or icons). The only way I get it to work is to open task manager and run a new task such as Firefox or windows explorer. The overflows are annoying and I do not know how to get rid of them or if my computer is still infected with something. Any help?
1 Reply

RE: Buffer Overflow Problems at startup Help!!!

Hi,

Please try the below steps:

Open Internet Explorer > Click on Tools> Click on Internet options > Delete the temporary Internet files.

Click on the below link and follow the steps to perform the scan in DOS mode.

For Vista Operating System:

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100288&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777217 [/URL]"

For Windows XP Operating System:

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100054&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216

In addition to that you can also try disabling the unwanted start up items.

Kindly revert back to us if you need more help

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community