cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

BrowseFox-FBB virus or spyware

Virus spyware scan showed BrowseFox-FBB  I clicked quarantine but it was unable to delete.  Help.

9 Replies
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: BrowseFox-FBB virus or spyware

Don't panic, it's only adware and is classed as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP).

McAfee says it should be removable using the normal scan procedures -

Adware-BrowseFox | Virus Profile & Definition | McAfee Inc.

- but if you're having problems just run AdwCleaner and/or Malwarebytes Free, both of which are tough on PUPs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal  - go for the free version at this stage. You can buy later if you want (same program, extra functionality).

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Moved from Virus and Spyware Protection to Home User Assistance > Discussions

By

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Could you kindly inform us if your issues are resolved, or if you need further assistance?

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I ran adwcleaner and it worked. When I logged back on yesterday,  the browsefox-fbb was back. I ran the program again. It seemed to work again. I haven't been on the computer today to know if it's back.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Thank you for your correspondence Please keep us apprised if it indeed has been removed\or not.

In addition to running Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, please read these Guidelines\Instructions to completely remove it:https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-browsefox-virus/

Thank you,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Its back.  I tried to quarantine the malware yet still getting the same message "Unable to delete". Frustrated.. I will run the remove for the third time.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Please try running this Superb Ant-Malware Tool  and kindly report back your results Zemana AntiMalware Download

The (Free) Version will suffice.

It would be also advisable to clear all of your Browsers Cache\Temp files\etc. It would not hurt to run your McAfee Quick Clean also.

All the Best,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Thanks! I ran Zemana.  The program didn't find a thing. Earlier, I ran the step by step instructions given to me a month ago.  First, I tried to uninstall the Foxbrowse malware.  It wasn't listed. I then followed the malware instructions then Hitman.  Hitman found cookies only. Hopefully, this will solve the problem.  Strange it popped back up when it wasn't listed in the program/control panel. Thanks again.  Will keep posted.

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Glad to hear all is OK   With all of the Anti-Malware tools you threw at it, I am confident in saying in all probability you are good to go. Having said this, I am going to mark this thread as 'Assumed Answered'. Please know that there are programs that indeed come 'Bundled' with the Downloads.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer