cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
killersoft
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Best Product for non internet connected PC's ?

Hi, I'm looking for a community view for an Antivirus only product for some computers that arnt directly connected to the internet, however will have media etc transferred to them by random staff !.. These computers are remote site computers and are intranet linked. I'm looking for something that can be updated via .DAT files or similar..
I only really looking at antivirus, not firewall etc stuff since that what my cisco routers are for lol...

IDEAS, Comments please ???
3 Replies
BalaSGS
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

RE: Best Product for non internet connected PC's ?

As far as McAfee is concerned, you will have to be connected to internet (at least a dial-up connection) in order to get updates for them.

But sorry to inform you that, we don’t have any option to transfer the updates manually from one computer through other by using any other media’s like what you have mentioned above….
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Yes I think Google will help you there, or maybe some independent discussion groups.
Grif
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Well,

We have a large government agency and some of our computers are standalone with dial-up internet access only.. As we use VirusScan Enterprise which can still be updated using downloadable DAT files.. A DAT can be downloaded on a comp which has internet access, then placed on a shared computer on the network, then all computers can run the DAT file and be updated.

You'll need to check with the corporate version of McAfee to see if VirusScan 8.7i is competitive for your company.

Hope this helps.

Grif