Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee dmeier
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 22

Re: BehavesLike.Win32.XXX, False positives

I guess I can't PM you, unless we are connected.  Can you "follow" me, and we'll see if that does the trick.

-David

McAfee Employee dmeier
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 22

Re: BehavesLike.Win32.XXX, False positives

I've heard back from the appropriate team, and here is what they indicate that the files provided shouldn't show any customer facing detection, since the URLs are listed as trusted.  Meaning, we shouldn't have to whitelist individual files, when the URL is trusted.

" I have just checked the three example URLs you provided, and they are all rated trustworthy, e.g. “Min Risk”, in GTI (http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url). Having downloaded the same files via Web Gateway, and I can’t reproduce any blocking of the files and the reason is their good GTI rating. As such, none of our customers should be facing any issue with downloading these files.

The case below solely refers to VirusTotal scanning of these files, that is, scanning just the file without any URL associated to it. Hence the knowledge about the trustworthy site rating is not available to GAM, which in turn reacts more aggressive then. But again, this is not customer affecting, as the customer would always download from a particular URL and if that URL is known trusted, then the heuristics judge more friendly about the given files and allow them."

If you have any particular files that are getting a detection (not as seen from VT), then please let me know here.

- David

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community