cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Babylon has hijacked my Chrome browser and it is now my search engine.

I have removed all mention of it from my registry.  I have removed the program itself from Users/appdata.  I have reset my Chrome Browser default to Google.  And still Babylon keeps reappearing as my search engine.

I do not have any idea how this program got on my system.

I am running Windows 7 with Chrome.  Babylon does not appear when I run IE.

Info on the net suggests this is a virus that will send my search data back to some source. 

Any suggestions on how to rid my computer of  this?

9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Babylon has hijacked my Chrome browser and it is now my search engine.

See this thread for suggestions, especially towards the end of the thread.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/43842?start=0&tstart=0

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 10

To uninstall the Babylon  from Computer

1: Click on Start Menu and Click on Control Panel, and then:

2: On Windows Vista or Windows 7, go to "Uninstall Programs" under "Programs and Features ":

In XP it is Add/Remvoe Programs.

3: Select the Babylon  you wish to uninstall from the list and click "Uninstall":

4: Follow the steps of the uninstaller application:

To uninstall the Babylon  from Firefox

1: On the Menu Bar, go to "Tools" -> "Addons":

2: Select the Babylon  you wish to uninstall from the Extensions list - then click "Uninstall":

3: When prompted to do so, restart Firefox:

After this if you are still see the Babylon

Press on Windows Key and R key together on the keyboard

Now you will get a Run Window. Inside the Run window Type REGEDIT and press on Ok.

Now you can see a Registry. (Be Care Full While using registry)

Do note that editing the registry incorrectly may cause your computer to become unusable.

Got to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Babylon  and delete Babylon

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Babylon  and delete Babylon

And restart the computer. Now it will be gone.

Don't Forgot to change your home page to www.google.com after this fix

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyy

Highlighted

Dear Lawkat1

Babylon Offers a full service for all its products and features valid from the Babylon Store and on the world wide web

You can gain a full support and assistance on how to remove Babylon from your computer by the following ways :

Phone-18668086361 (US)

Email: Support@babylon.com

Website for Chat and Q& A : http://support.babylon.com/

Babylon holds more than 150 Million Clients worldwide, with reputation for 15 Years, Babylon has no intention to destroy that reputation and therefor offers help and assistance for anyone who seeks for , in order

To make sure the Software will work or be removed if the client requires it ,feel free to contact us

Thank you in Advance

Babylon

Highlighted

@Babylon:

You cannot be a reputable company if you secretly install software in people's computers without their authorization. Especially if that software disrupts normal operation. Your unauthorized software installation hijacked Chrome browser on my computer and it took three hours for me to finally get rid of it, and I'm not even sure I've completely gotten rid of your Babylon virus. It's annoying and it makes people never ever want to use any legitimate product you may have. I do not even want to visit your website for fear of getting infected. You people must stop this.

Highlighted

It isn't secret.  At some stage the option to uncheck Babylon came up and you must have missed it.   It's not all Babylon's fault either but half to blame are the other software makers who optionally bundle 3rd party software to save money.

For removal help see:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4345

Highlighted

Hey Merlin

Dueto high request and too many unfamiliar posts online regarding the removal ofBabylon we have opened a special website that demonstrates the easy steps toremove Babylon

ihope you will find it useful

http://www.babylon.com/uninstall_search/index

Cheers

Babylon Support

Highlighted

If you're receiving a high volume of requests to remove your software, that should send a message. No one likes to have their browser hijacked. You're better off stopping this practice rather than teach upset people how to remove it.

Highlighted

We prefer that people will know how to remove Babylon from Babylon and not from unfamiliar sources which can only make more damage to you and specially to Babylon

thanx

Highlighted

As this thread has been answered I am locking it.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community