cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avert WebImmune Registration did not generate a password email.

Hi all, I was trying to register on the WebImmune website to submit a file that is continually quarantined during my system scans but is not a virus. However, I have yet to receive any emails (inbox or spam) from that site with the generated password required for the initial login. Would anyone be able to help with this issue? I haven't found any other way of adding this program to the "Trusted Programs" list, and it would be nice to have the ability to add/remove programs to that list at will, from either the Quarantine list or using a browser to select files that should be ignored. Anyway, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Celtics
Level 7

Re: Avert WebImmune Registration did not generate a password email.

I have the same problem to receive a password email.

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Strange - I'll ask the guys to investigate. In the meantime please submit your file to Virus_Research@avertlabs.com - the file should be in a password protected .zip with a password of 'infected' (without the quotes). The maximum .zip file size is 3MB.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos

Tried doing this but Gmail wouldn't let me send a zip file with an executable in it.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Gmail has that disadvantage.   Can't you use either your ISP's webmail or another email client such as Outlook, Windows Mail, or Fastmail.fm etc.???

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/03/10 9:56:13 EDT AM
0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Hi Everyone,

We flagged the WebImmune issue with engineering last week - could you check to see if you are still having the problem please? It's working for me now.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
MoxieMomma
Level 7

Same problem here.

Just tried to reregister (couldn't find my old login and PW) and it errored out and froze FF.

MM

0 Kudos