cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avert WebImmune Registration did not generate a password email.

Hi all, I was trying to register on the WebImmune website to submit a file that is continually quarantined during my system scans but is not a virus. However, I have yet to receive any emails (inbox or spam) from that site with the generated password required for the initial login. Would anyone be able to help with this issue? I haven't found any other way of adding this program to the "Trusted Programs" list, and it would be nice to have the ability to add/remove programs to that list at will, from either the Quarantine list or using a browser to select files that should be ignored. Anyway, thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Re: Avert WebImmune Registration did not generate a password email.

I have the same problem to receive a password email.

Strange - I'll ask the guys to investigate. In the meantime please submit your file to Virus_Research@avertlabs.com - the file should be in a password protected .zip with a password of 'infected' (without the quotes). The maximum .zip file size is 3MB.

Thanks,

Sam

Tried doing this but Gmail wouldn't let me send a zip file with an executable in it.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 7

Gmail has that disadvantage.   Can't you use either your ISP's webmail or another email client such as Outlook, Windows Mail, or Fastmail.fm etc.???

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/03/10 9:56:13 EDT AM

Hi Everyone,

We flagged the WebImmune issue with engineering last week - could you check to see if you are still having the problem please? It's working for me now.

Thanks,

Sam

Same problem here.

Just tried to reregister (couldn't find my old login and PW) and it errored out and froze FF.

MM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community