cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrNigel
Level 7

Artemis trojan in Nesox Emailer program

I have used the Nesox Emailer program for some time now for sending emails to colleagues in several organisations. The program downloads from nesox.com OK and installs OK, but when the routine McAfee disc scan takes place, both downloaded ZIP file and program EXE file get quarantined with the message "Detection name: Artemis!6A349FE3EEF8 (Trojan)"

Very irritating, but it is quite straightforward to get the files out of jail.

I have zipped the EXE file and sent it password-protected to Avert Labs who replied VERY promptly that there was no problem so the file was being forwarded to McAfee.

The quarantining has just happened AGAIN and I would prefer not to have to do it - as I always forget how! No doubt a few more times will help me remember!

System - Windows 7 / Security Center 9.15 Build 9.15.175 / Virus Scan version 13.15 build 13.15.116.

Hope it gets sorted, what is the meaning of the word Artemis?

Nigel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nownitin
Level 12

Re: Artemis trojan in Nesox Emailer program

Hi,

I will be looking into this issue and will update you further.

Thanks,

Nitin Kumar

Security Awareness SME

McAfee

0 Kudos
nownitin
Level 12

Re: Artemis trojan in Nesox Emailer program

Hi,

McAfee(R) Artemis technology provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed. As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system.

Thanks,

Nitin

0 Kudos