cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellyndupont
Level 7

Artemis! several different version quarantined in the last 2 weeks. How do I clean myself of this. lay-mans terms please. no techy.

Artemis! several different version quarantined in the last 2 weeks. How do I clean myself of this. lay-mans terms please. no techy.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Artemis! several different version quarantined in the last 2 weeks. How do I clean myself of this. lay-mans terms please. no techy.

You don't need to do anything - the fact that McAfee found them indicates you're already protected.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Artemis! several different version quarantined in the last 2 weeks. How do I clean myself of this. lay-mans terms please. no techy.

Moved this to the Artemis Forum as a better spot for it.  Artemis is the generic name McAfee gives to unknown detections.

As SafeBoot has said there is nothing you need to do, but I would add you should be careful what you download and where you download from, don't open obvious spam emails etc.

Keep your system totally up to date in ALL aspects.

There are some extra hints and tools in the last link in my signature below should you need them.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

0 Kudos

Hi

As Safeboot indicated you must not worry!!.

The detection that you see on the machine is an automatic detection from McAfee because it found something suspicious and has basically quarantined the file.

I wouldn't be worried about it unless it picked up something / keeps detecting something and fails to remove it.

As a Thumb rule  when you see some suspicious activity and would like to investigate more you could do below steps

1.Download and run Getsusp from Getsusp.mcafee.com

2.After the scan finishes examine the results- Post on forums if you need some clarification.

As McAfee is already installed - examining the On Access Logs must give an insight as to what file might have got detected.

To Get the logs

Open Run dialogue by pressing WIN + R, type the following and hit Enter

Go to %AllUsersProfile%/Application Data/McAfee/VirusScan/Logs/

Copy the OAS.log file and attach in forums - or alternatively you could review the content from the bottom ( its time stamped sequential events on detection).

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

@ ellyndupont,

I might add to the discussion, when you run the latest McAfee Getsusp, please enter your Email Address under "Preferences" before scanning. Upon doing so, you should receive a (Work Item #) confirming that your Suspicious /Unknown detections are being analyzed.

Should the case be that after (4-5) business days, your submission has not been Cleared/Whielisted, please post back the (Work Item ID #) and quite possibly we can contact someone in McAfee Labs, to expedite the process.

All the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos