cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mal09
Level 12

Artemis false positive in Adobe DLM (Adobe Installation Manager/Updater for Firefox)

If you download the latest version of Adobe Flash for Firefox, Adobe installs a download manager called  "getPlus(R)" which is described as a "Download-, Upload- and Installation Manager". It is programmed by NOS Microsystems Ltd -  http://www.nosltd.com/

Currently one of the files in the XPI package is being detected by Artemis (np_gp.dll - Artemis!F38D47880AB4 (Trojan) )

Hopefully will be sorted out by McAfee Labs at some stage soon, but as Admin's you are possibly going to see this due to how widely installed Flash is.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
sgrimmel
Level 11

Re: Artemis false positive in Adobe DLM (Adobe Installation Manager/Updater for Firefox)

Although I have flagged your feedback within McAfee, I would appreciate if you could contact McAfee technical Support to have a case logged if you have not done so already.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 10

Re: Artemis false positive in Adobe DLM (Adobe Installation Manager/Updater for Firefox)

No issue here. 8.5i, 5926 DAT, 5400 engine. \program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\np_gp.dll is dated 12/1/09, version 1.6.2.53. It has an Adobe Systems digital signature.

0 Kudos
Mal09
Level 12

The false detection has been resolved by Avert Labs.

0 Kudos
sgrimmel
Level 11

Thank you for sharing this info.

0 Kudos
gmc_za
Level 7

Looks like the problem is back - just logged a call with McAfee

2/26/2010 11:30:10 AM Deleted C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe C:\Temp\ICD2.tmp\np_gp.dll Artemis!2ABB0E96DFBF (Trojan)

0 Kudos
Mal09
Level 12

And Artemis strikes again. I'm curious which sensitivity level you were using.

0 Kudos
Amith
Level 7

Hi, Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I am looking into the issue and will get it fixed at the earliest.

0 Kudos
Amith
Level 7

The false alarm has been fixed now. The file should no longer be detected by Artemis.

0 Kudos
aladdin9
Level 10

Is there any possibility that VirusScan is detecting older versions of DLM that are affected by "APSB10-08 Security update released for the Adobe Download Manager"?  If so I see this as a positive service.  Manually identifying all computers with getPlus(R) and then uninstalling will take a long time, so if VirusScan takes care of these files for me, I can work on other issues.

0 Kudos