cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Artemis false positive in Adobe DLM (Adobe Installation Manager/Updater for Firefox)

If you download the latest version of Adobe Flash for Firefox, Adobe installs a download manager called  "getPlus(R)" which is described as a "Download-, Upload- and Installation Manager". It is programmed by NOS Microsystems Ltd -  http://www.nosltd.com/

Currently one of the files in the XPI package is being detected by Artemis (np_gp.dll - Artemis!F38D47880AB4 (Trojan) )

Hopefully will be sorted out by McAfee Labs at some stage soon, but as Admin's you are possibly going to see this due to how widely installed Flash is.

10 Replies
sgrimmel
Level 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Artemis false positive in Adobe DLM (Adobe Installation Manager/Updater for Firefox)

Although I have flagged your feedback within McAfee, I would appreciate if you could contact McAfee technical Support to have a case logged if you have not done so already.

Many thanks

andyross
Level 10
Message 3 of 11

Re: Artemis false positive in Adobe DLM (Adobe Installation Manager/Updater for Firefox)

No issue here. 8.5i, 5926 DAT, 5400 engine. \program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\np_gp.dll is dated 12/1/09, version 1.6.2.53. It has an Adobe Systems digital signature.

Mal09
Level 12
Message 4 of 11

The false detection has been resolved by Avert Labs.

sgrimmel
Level 11
Message 5 of 11

Thank you for sharing this info.

Highlighted
gmc_za
Level 7
Message 6 of 11

Looks like the problem is back - just logged a call with McAfee

2/26/2010 11:30:10 AM Deleted C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe C:\Temp\ICD2.tmp\np_gp.dll Artemis!2ABB0E96DFBF (Trojan)

Mal09
Level 12
Message 7 of 11

And Artemis strikes again. I'm curious which sensitivity level you were using.

Amith
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

Hi, Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I am looking into the issue and will get it fixed at the earliest.

Amith
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

The false alarm has been fixed now. The file should no longer be detected by Artemis.

aladdin9
Level 10
Message 10 of 11

Is there any possibility that VirusScan is detecting older versions of DLM that are affected by "APSB10-08 Security update released for the Adobe Download Manager"?  If so I see this as a positive service.  Manually identifying all computers with getPlus(R) and then uninstalling will take a long time, so if VirusScan takes care of these files for me, I can work on other issues.