cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarod1
Level 7

Artemis Trojan infection detection

Jump to solution

Hello, I seem to have gotten an infection with a Trojan labeled Artemis. I ran a McAfree scan and this is the message I received.

---

See your security history and which actions were recently taken on your PC.

Gex52Wc0.exe.part

C:/Documents and Settings\Jay\Local Settings\Temp\Gex52Wc0.exe.part

Threats Detected:

Adware-DomalQ (Program), Artemis!2B541619D0E8 (Trojan)

Threat Profile: Adware-DomaIQ

http://home.mcafee.com/VirusInfo/VirusProfile.aspx?key=4214057

---

When I go to the "Quarantined and Trusted Items" section of the McAfree Program, I find the items in there. Do I simply select all the quarantined items and delete them or maybe send it to McAfree? There are also items in the tab following it in the section called "Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs". I only ask before doing so that I don't make more problems as I am trying to resolve things. My computer hasn't acted strange sense 12/9/2012 when the infection occured.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Artemis Trojan infection detection

Jump to solution

If you are sure if is not a false detection ie do you now where that exe file came from? If you are sure delete it sending it will not work at this time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

If you are sure if is not a false detection ie do you now where that exe file came from? If you are sure delete it sending it will not work at this time.

0 Kudos
jarod1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got it from using utorrent which was my 2nd time using. Either the program or what I now think was something malicious within it prompted me to update the torrent program and so I thought it was legit and went along with it. Soon after McAfree picked up these infections. I'll try deleting all the items in my Quarintine.

I deleted it without any problem thanks.

Message was edited by: jarod1 on 12/11/13 10:52:49 AM CST
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Run a couple other scanners as well say getsusp and malwarebytes found here to be sure.

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

With getsusp add your email addy to the program's preferences so Mcafee can contact you if need be.

0 Kudos