cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hazardine
Level 7

Artemis Trojan Detected?

Jump to solution

Okay so I've been trying to do my Windows Backup for a while now and every I get a Pop-up saying that McAfee has detected a Trojan.

Specifically this, Artemis!0C849C9F0043 with a location of \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUMESHADOWCOPY4\USERS\...\DOCUMENTS\PERSONAL FODLER, with the Shadow copy number being different if I deleted the file in the quarantined area of my McAfee.

I just can't seem to delete it or get rid of it, could someone help me please I've haven't been able to back-up my computer for weeks now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Artemis Trojan Detected?

Jump to solution

Have you disabled restore and rebooted then re-enable it that clears everything in the restore area. You then quarantine and delete anything found.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

I will move this to artemis forum. can you unquarantine the file with real time scanning off and submit the file ask them when they reply to recheck the file and post the analysis id and I will get a tech to have a look at it.

Submit it via

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

Reactivate real time scanning as soon as you submit the file

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 18/08/13 6:40:15 PM
0 Kudos
hazardine
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay I've turned off Real-time scanning, but the link you've given is broken, also do I just Send it from my McAfee, since I can't find the folder location indicated above?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

This is the new link for submitting samples:  http://www.mcafee.com/us/threat-center/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

That link in your post indicates it's hidden in your System Restore which can't be accessed anyway.

Temporaily disable System Restore and it should disappear.  Enable it again afterwards.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/08/13 8:14:56 EDT AM
0 Kudos
hazardine
Level 7

Jump to solution

So after I've Disable System Restore, do I just do a restart or just simply turn on again right after I turn it off?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

You could do a Disk Cleanup - Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Free Up Disk Space (varies depending on operating system) and simply restart System Restore.

0 Kudos
hazardine
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay just tried my Weekly Windows Back-Up and the Trojan appeared again, it says McAfee has detected an infected item in a Shared folder on my network and to remove it I have to right-click a folder and change its properites to allow for full access and scan. its the Artemis!0C849C9F0043 and its path is \DEVICE\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy6\Users\Andrew Klassen\Documents\Folder\LBK-30051.exe. the previous solution didn't seem to work at all for me, Could I please get something else to try.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Have you disabled restore and rebooted then re-enable it that clears everything in the restore area. You then quarantine and delete anything found.

0 Kudos
hazardine
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, so I just disable restore, reboot my PC and then turn on restore agian. However by quaratine & deleting you mean what McAfee has in quaratine, because like Brit said before I can't Find the file anywhere on my computer.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Whatever McAfee has in its Quarantine section is encrypted ergo invisible when you go looking for it, so simply tell the software to delete it and it will be gone.

0 Kudos