cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graahd
Level 7

Artemis!FFD5FAB6BE72 Trojan how do I remove it?

Well Mcafee said it caught the trojan and it shows as being in my virus qurantine 4 times, but I keep getting tabs opening on my browser and it redirects to different sites even though apprantly it was caught. I've scanned with Malwarebytes and Prevx too and they found nothing everything is upto date. I got the trojan from it being embedded in a flvplayer. I've shredded everything to do with it on my computer (35 passes) and i'm still getting the redirects. Artemis!FFD5FAB6BE72 also isn't listed on the Mcafee site but ones with similiar names are. Google doesn't bring up any helpful info about this particular one either.

Thanks if you can help

on 02/08/10 15:58:01 CDT
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Artemis!FFD5FAB6BE72 Trojan how do I remove it?

It would be great if you could let us know the exact location of Artemis!.... that was found/removed by McAfee on the computer (check the screenshots for more info)

Message was edited by: Aldrin on 3/8/10 3:05:40 AM IST
0 Kudos
Graahd
Level 7

The first picture  is the files where it was, the second picture is where it was found

on 02/08/10 16:50:43 CDT
0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Thank you, looks like you have already submitted the file to McAfee so that would be automatically taken care through the upcoming DAT files.

However, you can also try the following:

1. Reset internet explorer to default settings

2. Click here to run the stinger tool, reboot the computer and check the status

0 Kudos
Graahd
Level 7

I'll reset the internet settings but the link for the stinger is leading me to an error http://service.mcafee.com/Error.aspx Edit: Only getting the error in FireFox not internet explorer

Message was edited by: Graahd on 02/08/10 17:58:48 CDT
0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

0 Kudos
Graahd
Level 7

It's working fine on Internet Explorer just not on FireFox so I think the trojan has infected FireFox because this is the one getting redirected. I'm running the scan and will restore FF to original settings now.

Thanks for your help so far

0 Kudos
Graahd
Level 7

The stinger didn't work, I tried a programme called combofix and it seems to have gotten rid of it thanks so much for helping me though

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved to Artemis Discussions.

Glad it's OK now.

0 Kudos