Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klmg
Level 7

Artemis!FDAB127487F6 (Trojan) -- I don't know if this is false or not

Jump to solution

We keep getting a message from McAfee entitled:

Trojan Detected

McAfee has detected an infected item in a shared folder on your network. To remove the threat, right-click the folder, change its properties to allow full access, and then click Scan.

About This Trojan

Detected: Artemis!FDAB127487F6 (Trojan)

Quarantined From: [this is left blank]

There is no other information, nor is there any folder to right-click on. It's been popping up about every 10 minutes for the last 1 1/2 day.

This is a home network, but the message only appears on one of the computers even though all three are networked.

We’ve done McAfee scans on all three computers. The result is that McAfee says all three are free of viruses and malware.

I’ve set the computer up to show all hidden folders, and I’ve cleared the Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs (though I haven’t done that to the long list of Quarantined Items yet until I hear from you).

What do I do next to solve this problem? It's driving me crazy!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Artemis!FDAB127487F6 (Trojan) -- I don't know if this is false or not

Jump to solution

So can we consider this thread (Answered) ? If so please mark appropriately.

Btw...You are perfectly welcome

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@ klmg,

My first recommendation is to yes indeed, go to your Quarantined items and select all, and delete/ restart to remove all Remnants. Then I suggest you run the Latest Stinger (Read How to Use) followed by the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool ( Please remember to enter your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning.

Then I would follow up by running Malwarebytes (Free) Version only. These Superb (Free Tools) can be found in the following Link:

I might add also, you can (keep) Malwarebytes (Free) on board as a "On Demand Scanner" Simply update each time, before using.

Edited; To Correct Typos

Regards,

Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
klmg
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Catdaddy

Did all that, rebooted, still getting the message.  Do I just wait for a response from the Getsusp scan, or is there something else I can do?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@ Klmg,

So you opened your "Quarantined Items" in McAfee, and deleted them all, then restarted? Did any of the Applications you scanned with (Detect) anything? In addition, have you not received a (Work Item # ) from McAfee Getsusp? You should  automatically have, if you entered your Email Address.

Please apprise us of such....before continuing.

Are all of your Windows Updates current,to include all Add-ons especially Adobe Flash Player ( 14.0.0.176) And especially important that Internet Explorer is current ,as McAfee and other programs depend on this to function properly. Even if you elect not to use it .

If you are indeed current with all of your updates, and nothing was detected. Even though you said you ran the Getsusp Tool, you can submit the False Artemis! by following the Guidelines/Instructions in this Link:

If all else fails, you can contact Technical Support Via Chat/Phone and it is Free.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@ klmg,

Can you confirm per (nkelly-McAfee Labs) that your issue has been resolved? If so please mark appropriately Helpful/Correct Answer, so as we can consider this thread Resolved.

All the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
klmg
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ended up going with McAfee premium (or concierge?). It took them about an hour, but they got rid of the problems remotely. Thanks for your help, though.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

So can we consider this thread (Answered) ? If so please mark appropriately.

Btw...You are perfectly welcome

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
nkelly
Level 11

Jump to solution

Hi,

The file has been analysed and confirmed to be clean. It should no longer be detected by GTI.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@ nkelly,

Again Thank you yet once again for Assisting/Resolving the OP issue.

Your prompt, efiicient assistance is much appreciated

For this helps us Mods Immensely....

Regards,

Catdaddy,

Volunteer Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos