Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nchattop
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 23

Re: Artemis!EC40C6BFF1E6 - False Positive?

Jump to solution

Hi

We analysed the file and found that this detection was triggered on Kill.exe being in the package. McAfee(R) Artemis technology provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed. In future please submit your samples in password-protected zipped file (password=infected) to virus_researchers@avertlabs.com

Regards

Neha Chattopadhyay

McAfee SME

EricH
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 23

Jump to solution

Neha,

Many thanks. I have scanned with 6122 and am happy to report "all clear". I note your instructions for submitting suspicious items in future.

Regards

Eric

Jump to solution

@lennellie: Did you read Anand's post above (see text of it at bottom of this post).  Just update your DAT file to 6122.  In English, just go to the update section in McAfee (for me, I just go to the Notification Area of my Desktop and right click on the McAfee program and then select "Check for Updates").  When you update the McAfee anti-virus software, you update the DAT file.  Then run a new virus scan and the Artemis warning should be gone.

Anand's post:

"hi,

We are not detecting the file anymore as Artemis!EC40C6BFF1E6. Please update to the latest DAT 6122 in case you are not running the latest DATs.

Regards,

Anand"