Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tt1983
Level 7

Artemis!DD1A91E5AC17

Jump to solution

Hi,

Since a couple of weeks McAfee Internet Security Suite is notifying me that it deleted a trojan when opening Internet Explorer 10 (Artemis!DD1A91E5AC17).

Any idea if this is a false warning of a real trojan ?

I only get the message when opening Internet Explorer on the file WindowsLiveUpdate.exe.

Thx!

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayton
Level 18

Re: Artemis!DD1A91E5AC17

Jump to solution

It's a real detection. It's an Artemis detection because it's recognised as malware but hasn't been categorised yet.

VirusTotal shows 29 out of 46 companies detect this, and give the alternative names for it. See the report HERE.

It's been reported on at least one of the Microsoft forums (HERE) and it's in the Microsoft database as TrojanDropper:MSIL/Livate.A

If the file has been quarantined can you upload it to McAfee so the labs can have a look at it? Instructions are in www.mcafee.com/us/threat-center/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Jump to solution

It's a real detection. It's an Artemis detection because it's recognised as malware but hasn't been categorised yet.

VirusTotal shows 29 out of 46 companies detect this, and give the alternative names for it. See the report HERE.

It's been reported on at least one of the Microsoft forums (HERE) and it's in the Microsoft database as TrojanDropper:MSIL/Livate.A

If the file has been quarantined can you upload it to McAfee so the labs can have a look at it? Instructions are in www.mcafee.com/us/threat-center/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

0 Kudos
tt1983
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Hayton,

After some searching on the name TrojanDropper:MSIL/Livate.A i found this link.

By removing my personal settings in IE McAfee is not giving any warnings anymore.

I also tried to uninstall Java but that didn't help.

Thx again !

Tom

0 Kudos