cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank29
Level 7

Artemis!C82A0AF32BF7 ???

Hi everyone,

Every couple of months - just about the time when the subscription renewal date is about to be due - my software tells me how valuable its contribution is. I will be informed that a virus/trojan has been found. This year's favorite is Artemis!C82A0AF32BF7 ... The software offers to remove the virus and off it goes ...  So far, so good. But obviously no one, not even Intel/MacAfee seems to be able to provide information to this virus. All search requests end with the same annoying: "Virus not found" ...

I am a bit irritated that even MacAfee itself "cannot find the virus" in their database. As a user I would assume that a virus can only be detected if it would be known/entered in the database. Or can please anyone enlight me?

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Artemis!C82A0AF32BF7 ???

​,

Please read the following;

Regards

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Did you submit the 12-Digit Artemis! to McAfee Labs? They will analyze the detection and determine if it is indeed malicious. Also if deemed that it isn't will suppress this particular detection. As for obtaining knowledge on the mention Artemis!.

You can simply download the McAfee Getsusp Tool, and enter your email under *Preferences*  with-in the UI, before scanning. Afterwards can submit it to Virus Total to be analyzed against other Security Vendors to see what they have determined.

So yes there is information available...

All the best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Successfully moved from Virus and Spyware Protection to Artemis Discussion > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Could you please inform us if you have followed protocol, and submitted your Artemis! detection? If that is indeed the case, please post your Analysis ID# and I can contact someone at McAfee Labs and escalate on your behalf.

No further correspondence we will assume that your issue has been resolved.

Thank you

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered' and Locking it. As there has been no further correspondence. If need further assistance,please start a new discussion.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos