cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faust6
Level 7

Artemis!BCDF10329357

Jump to solution

Legitimate software Reginout system utilities ( reginout_setup.exe ) being detected as False :  Artemis!BCDF10329357

Reginout is listed on cnet, tucows, microsoft pinpoint and is distributed with verisign signatures. The software is in operation since 2009 by a company  which has won intel premium elite partner award.

Expecting your efficinet support to fix it asap.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Artemis!BCDF10329357

Jump to solution

It is up to the OP (you) to determine that

Ie, (Helpful Answers/Correct Answer)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
25 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@faust6,

The reason McAfee has detected the above mentioned, is it for one reason or the other has determined it to be Unknown/Suspicious. As you can see by the report from Herdprotect HERE  there was at least (4) Anti-Virus Engines detected it as well.

If you feel that this indeed is a (False Detection) Please follow the Guidelines/Instructions in the Link provided below my Signature to submit. Allow 4-5 days for the appropiate time to analyze,and if not resolved by then, please post back the Analysis ID #, and we can quite possibly expedite the process.

Edit; I might add, it seems to be  " Registry Cleaner" which can in most cases cause more problems, than it claims to resolve.

All the very Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/18/14 8:51:55 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
faust6
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick response. I have already submitted the file for analysis.

PS: This is not a registry cleaner software but rather a system utility software having multiple features.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are Quite Welcome   I assume you followed the instructions by following the Link Safeboot and myself suggested? Again, I am wary of using such utilities, however that is your perogative. I either use Windows Disk Clean,Defragmenter,McAfee Quick Clean. And in some instances, to remove (Stubborn) files CCleaner.

However,even then I pay close attention to what "Registry " entries are removed. For quite often they remove important/core files from McAfee as well.

Again,

All the very Best,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
faust6
Level 7

Jump to solution

How many days will it take for the analysis to be completed? I am waiting for Mcafee's response.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Since you Submitted/Reportedly on 7/18/2014, give it (1) more day please. If not resolved by then, please post back the Analysis ID # associated with your submittal/confirmation of doing so.

We can possibly expedite the process by you posting back the (Analysis id #)

Thank you for your patience, as the number of detections on a daily basis ,is to say the least..."Mind Boggling"

All the very Best,

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

You need to follow the steps in this excellent post.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
faust6
Level 7

Jump to solution

Moderator here is the Analysis ID: 9046186

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution