cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freescoring
Level 7

Artemis!AF7558DB4AD6 File gets quarantined even though I added it to the excluded files list

Jump to solution

An .exe file (it is a bot) with the threat "Artemis!AF7558DB4AD6" keeps getting quarantined even though I have already added the file to the excluded files under real-time scanning.

How do I keep it from being quarantined?

I am using McAfee SecurityCenter v14.0, McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware v18.0

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: Artemis!AF7558DB4AD6 File gets quarantined even though I added it to the excluded files list

Jump to solution

We've marked the file as clean, and it should no longer be detected.

- David

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Artemis!AF7558DB4AD6 File gets quarantined even though I added it to the excluded files list

Jump to solution

I moved this to the Artemis section and edited the header to include the Artemis detection number.

Only something identified as a PUP (Possibly Unwanted Program) can be ignored by the detection engine.

Follow the procedures HERE if you need to have it cleared, although if it's a BOT I have my doubts it will be cleared.

freescoring
Level 7

Jump to solution

would there be any way of stopping the file from being quarantined?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Not until the lab clears it and an update is issued accordingly.  The consumer software doesn't have total control over exceptions like the Enterprise/Business model does.

You might want to submit it to VirusTotal to see how many A/V vendors may act similarly.  The link is at the bottom of the one I gave earlier.

dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

We are reviewing the file, and will post back our decision soon.

- David

0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

We've marked the file as clean, and it should no longer be detected.

- David

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I took the liberty of marking this thread as 'Correctly answered' As David/McAfee Labs has Cleared it. Could you please confirm that your issue is resolved?

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos