cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Artemis!9620A344F32D, Artemis!36B8BF903CA3, et al. - quarantined, but apparently not

I began to get Potentially Unwanted Program Blocked messages from McAfee two days ago referencing this Artemis. Was told it had been quarantined, and was given the choice (which I accepted) of removing it -

At the same time i began to have serious problems with Chrome: adware and pop-ups that made it impossible to use.

I continue to get the same messages from McAfee, each with a slight variation of the Artemis! name - maybe three times a day, and the Chrome problems are unaffected.

I ran a Malwarebytes scan that picked up about twenty problems, including a couple of trojans. Had these all removed and re-booted at once. That, too, had no effect on the Chrome problems.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Artemis!9620A344F32D, Artemis!36B8BF903CA3, et al. - quarantined, but apparently not

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to help resolve your issues. 

Note:  Each detection has to be zipped and password protected using the word  infected    .

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Artemis!9620A344F32D, Artemis!36B8BF903CA3, et al. - quarantined, but apparently not

Could you please confirm if your detection has been suppressed? If no further correspondence, we will assume this discussion as Answered, and lock it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Marking this discussion as *Assumed Answered* due to no further communication/correspondence. If anay further help is needed, kindly create another thread.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer