Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Artemis!7d22aa1c732c

Life Safe has detected this malware on a cellphone:

GoVR.apk

Artemis!7d22aa1c732c

Life Save cannot elminate this malware. What should I do to get rid of it?

Thanks for any advice

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
vnaidu
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Artemis!7d22aa1c732c

@Ramon66

Please update thevirus definitions (Example, version shows 4.4.6.67.1038).

Perform a scan (which may come again stating no threats found).  But, when you go back to the McAfee main screen, it might still show that a treat is found. 

So the remedy is to remove and reinstall the Mobile Security on your phone. Set it all up again and re-ran the scan.  Now your mobile is good.

Just a trick.

Regards,

Venu

Thank you, the trick worked, after deleting Mcafee LifeSave and reinstalling it, the malware has so far not been detected anymore by LifeSafe on the smartphone.

However, I wonder how to interpret this phenomenon.

So LiveSave indicates Malware which in fact is not there on the smartphone?

Why does this happen?

Would it be better, to be 100% sure, to restore the delivery status of the smartphone?

I am looking forward to an answer.

PS.:

I also asked the Mcafee customer service for help and they opened a ticket and  closed it stating I had not answered, but in  fact I had answered. It seems Mcafee support has been outsourced largely to the support community, smart concept, makes stakeholders richer.

vnaidu
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

@Ramon66

I would like you to know that this issue occurs in a reare scenario, for an example Artemis is a detection where McAfee would detect using a behavioral scanning. This could happen to any new application based on how the apk file behave, whenever this triggers McAfee would try to contact the Global Threat Intelligence for an available signature and if there is no signature is relased for this, the multiple triggers will appear on your phone.

To avoid this multiple alerts despite there is no real threat, I would recommend you to update the signatures regularly on your phone.

Good Luck.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Venu
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.