cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stmiller
Level 7

Artemis!6D6BEC35C4C5 (Trojan)

Jump to solution

I performed a full scan of my computer after Security Center performed its daily update (June 30, 2010) and it detected the artemis!6D6BEC35C4C5 trojan from file: C:\Program Files\Mcafee\MSM/MCSMTTSK.DLL.  This "trojan" was quarantined but, after the quarantine Mcafee alerted me that my computer was no longer protected.  I clicked the "fix" option but that did not correct the issue.  It said that I had to reinstall Mcafee due to some missing files.  I then clicked the update option and that resolved the issue.  Next, I shut down and restarted the computer and ran another full scan.  Mcafee detected the same artemis trojan and I received the same alerts.  Once again, updating mcafee resolved the issue.  It appears as though the daily mcafee update installed the artemis trojan onto my computer.  I am aware that artemis is actually mcafee technology, so my question is should I ignore the artemis thing or get rid of it?  Will it go away after the next mcafee update?  Is this something to be worried about?  Will it continue to be detected during the full scan resulting in the computer not being fully protected (as described above)?  And one last question:  Why can't Mcafee fix this Artemis issue?  According to a search on the subject, this has been a continuous problem for years.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinod_r2
Level 11

Re: Artemis!6D6BEC35C4C5 (Trojan)

Jump to solution

This issue must be resolved by now. As you are all aware Artemis is a real time technolgy and the issue got rectified when multiple hits were seen on a single file.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
aznativgal
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me it came in with the service load today.  I have tried to remove it several times.  It is also shutting down IE when browsing at times.  Is it doing that to you?  I downloaded Stinger from their site and tried to clean with that but I don't know if it took care of it.

0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Jump to solution

This issue must be resolved by now. As you are all aware Artemis is a real time technolgy and the issue got rectified when multiple hits were seen on a single file.

0 Kudos
ms1541
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, this is a problem for me, too. Vinod R, could you please say a little more? I'm not good with these things and you are an expert! Can you confirm that this is a problem with McAfee and not malicious?

0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Jump to solution

I see that you have posted the same query elsewhere.

Request you not to post duplicates it will only confuse users trying to get help ....

I have answered you @ http://community.mcafee.com/message/137446#137446

P.S: There is nothing to be worried about this particular detection.

regards

Vinod

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

I'm moving this thread over to the artemis area.

Sam

0 Kudos
stmiller
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks much.  I read the postings in the other discussion and you were correct in your statements that Mcafee would resolve this particular Artemis issue.  I ran a full scan this morning and artemis is no longer being detected.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos