cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
youngs
Level 9

Artemis!432718827A11 - Anyone have more info on this detection

Jump to solution

We have a few hundred detections of an attachment with a scr file which is being detected and deleted as (Artemis!432718827A11).  Would anyone more information regarding this Artemis detection and what it was trying to do?

I am not worried about it being a false positive and we have started removing the emails with these attached in our environment.  Just curious as to what it was trying to do or which family does it belong to (Crypto??)

Thanks

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
youngs
Level 9

Re: Artemis!432718827A11 - Anyone have more info on this detection

Jump to solution

Thanks Ex_Brit and catdaddy for you replies... I was able to figure out that this was all related to a payload download still not sure which family of malware its related to but we are protected

Scott

0 Kudos
12 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As (Corporate) issues are handled differently, opposed to the (Consumer) Version. I would contact my Security Team, or... submit by following the Guidelines/Instructions: Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

(Consumer Products)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
youngs
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link... I wasn't really trying to say that it should't be detected and I understand the process to have this submitted if required.   I was just looking for more infomation as its already being detected just don't know what it relates to like crypto locker or some other form of malware.

Scott

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are perfectly welcome

May I ask if you are using (VSE) or the (Consumer Version)? If indeed that is the case, I will move to the appropriate area for better assistance. However all Artemis! Detections are basically handled the same.

Wishing you all the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

(Consumer Products)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
youngs
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just found something else that appears to be related... Also seeing a few detections for (Downloader-FSH!432718827A11) around the same time which I understand to be part of the downloader for the pay load.

Scott

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Moved appropriately to Virus Scan Enterprise- By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I moved it back as here in Artemis is the only spot the labs check.   VSE can't do anything about an Artemis detection.

If you gave  file that you feel is genuine then submit it.

Submit a Virus or Malware Sample | McAfee Labs

Or if this is your own software and you wish to have them clear it:  

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

As far as Information on what exactly was detected - that info would hopefully be showing in the Quarantine section in the User Interface.

Artemis is simply a name the software gives to any unknown it detects that isn't in the database and the number is different for each one as a result.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
youngs
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks Ex_Brit and catdaddy for you replies... I was able to figure out that this was all related to a payload download still not sure which family of malware its related to but we are protected

Scott

0 Kudos