cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krsmaa
Level 7

Artemis!3ACCBDFE004D Detected in my PC...Help!

Opened up a file sent by some guy in Steam.Luckily McAfee quarantined it but i want to delete it so i don't know if i should as i don't really know if deleting it could ruin my PC..Help!!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Artemis!3ACCBDFE004D Detected in my PC...Help!

Please follow the guidelines in the following Link:

In most cases Steam/Minecraft Games are detected as such. You are safe as long as your McAfee Protection quarantined the Suspicious file. It could very well be analyzed as a safe file, however is entirely up to McAfee labs.

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
krsmaa
Level 7

Re: Artemis!3ACCBDFE004D  Detected in my PC...Help!

Thanks for your swift reply! i'll notify you when there's a reply from McAfee

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are more than welcome Please allow 4-5 business days as there are over (150,000 plus ) Detections on a daily basis. If not resolved by then, Please post back the Anaylysis ID #, and we can contact a Technician/Engineer from McAfee Labs and quite possibly expedite the process.

All the very best

Catdaddy

Happy Holidays

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
krsmaa
Level 7

0 Kudos
krsmaa
Level 7

its been more than 5 days already what should i do?

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

All you can do is sit tight if you've sent the file for analysis. It's holiday time, the Labs will have been working with only a few hardy or unlucky people on duty. Looking on the bright side, that Artemis detection doesn't turn up anywhere else so it looks like it's a one-off. The file may perhaps be safe.

catdaddy
Level 20

I also have to concur with Colleague Hayton,s advice. This being the Holidays, does indeed reflect in how quickly things may occur. Give it a few more Days, and if still not resolved after the New Year. Kindly post back your Analysis ID # you should have received with your submission, and confirmation from McAfee Labs.

At this time I will contact a Technician/Engineer and quite possibly expedite the process.

Again, thank you for your patience during a time when most employees are spending/sharing time with their families.

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos