cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjcunha
Level 7

Artemis!374BCBEE4FCA

Hello!

All of the time that I try to use a Internet banking, the McAfee send me a following message that I have the Artemis!374BCBEE4FCA trojan.

I have observed that in my folder C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp,  there are two files that always the McAfee delete them. They are the .gbas.dll and the .gbas.dll _u.

Please, could anyone help me with this problem?

Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
clmaion
Level 7

Re: Artemis!374BCBEE4FCA

I'having the same problem since yesterday in two diferent computers (one desktop and another vaio) - those are not connected in a network.

I have the exact same message, and after several scanning procedures using McAfee the two computers appear to be  fully repaired. However EVERY TIME I've tried to access the Santander Bank site , automatically the mcafee detected again the same virus.

I called the mcafee assistance by phone and even the bank assistance - but with no definitives answers.

I'm still waiting for a further analises from the  mcafee technicians.

Every help ought to be very welcome!

Anyway I'm usin my Mac Book to have access to my Bank acount.....

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Submit the files separately to mcafee as per

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

You will get a reply immediately reply to this adding possible false +ve and name of detection

Say where you got the files from and ask for a manaul check

Post the analysis numbers here and wait. If no action on 3 days I will pass up the line.

After 3 days repost here to remind me.

0 Kudos
mjcunha
Level 7

Dear Tony,

I can not find the option that the site said. Please, could you send me a link that has it?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

The link I posted has two methods The first to install getsusp and let it submit the files after you add your email addy to the program preferences or secondly to use email to submit it.

What option can you not find?

0 Kudos
mjcunha
Level 7

Hi Tony!

I sent the e-mail to virus_research@avertlabs.com, like the site has showed.

I am wating for the good news!!

Thank you for your support!!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Did you get an immediate reply? If not maybe the file was either not zipped or password protected with password infected

I need the analysis number also.

I think you need to send the files separately as well

0 Kudos
mjcunha
Level 7

Hi Tony,

I received the e-mail with the Analysis ID: 6999001. The report says that one file has a virus and the other not.

Please, check the analysis and tell me something about.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Asked

So if the other was not a virus why was it being picked up

0 Kudos
mjcunha
Level 7

It is strange, because my McAfee have been returned these files like a virus. I executed the virus scan, and the McAfee return that I had two virus, with the following files that I sent.

Thank you for your support!!

Best regards!!

0 Kudos