cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mollynoodle
Level 7

Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9

Jump to solution

This popped up during my virus scan and it will not let me quarantine it. What is it and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9

Jump to solution

I believe it will keep showing until they either clear it or condemn it one way or the other.  Normally we would have their staff patrolling this area but I haven't seen any so  can't really advise.   I had a similar recurring detection on my machine and it turned out to be harmless however as I had it backed in various spots it kept getting rediscovered.  Check backups to see if it's in there.  it could also be in System restore folders of course.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
poppop
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the same warning and did a search, it said it will do pop ups on your internet searches such as yahoo, I have been getting those pop ups for about two weeks and can't seem to stop them.  I did a quick scan and it came up with nothing, now I'm doing a full scan in safe mode.

0 Kudos
maximous45
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had a similar issue and i went to McAfee's technical support page, went to the FAQ'S and clicked on "What is Stinger and how does it work" , downloaded Stinger and ran it. Stinger took care of it.

0 Kudos
no1steveb
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had the same response - C'mon McAfee, what the official line, beacause when I tried to access it form the warning pop up, McAfee said it had no knowledge..please advise

0 Kudos
mockturtle
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello, may I add to this.  I was merrily browsing the internet this morning when I got a pop up about a potentially harmful program.  According to the details it appeared yesterday afternoon.  I have run a full scan,quarantined it and tried to delete it.  However, its only been partially deleted.

I can't understand where it could have come from.

Help, how do I get rid of it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mkeev
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had the same pop up occur (Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9). I have run numerous scans and updates and to no avail. I tried that stinger crap and it didn't find a thing. What's up Mcaffee?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Artemis means it's not sure what it is and has submitted it to the labs.  You can dispute that if you wish, see here: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016  particularly the bold print regarding Artemis.

@mollynoodle, it is already in quarantine.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/02/14 9:59:26 EST AM
mkeev
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm glad its being looked at in the lab. I don't want to dispute anything, because I don't know what it is. I just keep getting the pop up of of potentially harmful program and I don't know what it is and every time I try to quarentine it, nothing happens.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thanks.

exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

You might be able to get more info on it in the Quarantine folder itself.    If you're using consumer software open SecurityCenter > Navigation, scroll down to Quarantined and Trusted items and expand those areas.  Stinger wouldn't have found anything if it was already detected by the anti-virus.

mollynoodle
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Ex_Brit, sorry to ask but if it's already in quarantine, when I rescan my computer, how come it is still showing up as a potential threat? Should I delete it from the quarantine completely? Thanks, I just don't know much about dealing with this type of thing!

0 Kudos