Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yelwoci
Level 7

Artemis!2CB5E6BE8203 - Vistumbler

I have Total Protection (2012)

Recently its started blocking all sorts of programs

including Google Updater and Vistumber

We should have the option to disable checking of particular programs (with CRC icomparison f necessary)

I'm coming up for renewal and if this problem doesn't go away I and my clients will.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
showvik
Level 12

Re: Artemis!2CB5E6BE8203 - Vistumbler

Hi,

Artemis!2CB5E6BE8203 has been suppressed. Kindly allow up to two hours for this update to reflect in GTI system.

If a known good file is triggered as malware and it is evident that the file is not infected, you may select the Allow option when the warning dialog appears from real time scanning or select the Trust option after the manual scan completes. Following this, submit the file for investigation as per the instructions mentioned here.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
yelwoci
Level 7

Unfortunately as soon as Vistumbler is installed it is Quaranteened.

There is no suck option as Allow offered.

The Restore process prompts the system to automatically re-Quaranteen the files.

I'm an It professional and in my honest opinion this product is not fit for exposure to the general public.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

The above mentioned file is no longer detected. Has there been any other detections on the machine? Would it be possible to provide the download link for the installer you are trying to execute?

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

We downloaded the installer version 10-4 from Vistumbler website. We were able to install and run the installed application. Please find the screenshot below:

Vistumbler.jpg

If this is not the exact application that you are referring to, please provide the download link as requested above.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
yelwoci
Level 7

I have been downlaoding Vistumber 10.4 from the same place as yourselves.

But McAfee Total Protection   kills it.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

Would it be possible to recheck after updating the DATs? If the issue still persists, kindly send us a screen shot of the related detections. This would help with further investigation. 

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
yelwoci
Level 7

Vistumbler-McAfee.png

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. We have suppressed the following three Artemis detections:

Artemis!33c2377c0c0d

Artemis!4670dbd835c0

Artemis!829c2071da48

It may take up to two hours for this update to reflect in GTI system.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos