Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
media
Level 7

Artemis!1CE59DB0AC97

Jump to solution

Hello,

I represent the developers of this software and we believe that it is false detected.

We've submitted it several times to  Corrected your Link by moderator virus_research@mcafee.com

Also we submitted it to the Detection dispute submission form, but get no reply. How can we know if it is processed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinoo
Level 13

Re: Artemis!1CE59DB0AC97

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting. The file has been whitelisted.

Give it ~10 mins for the false positive to go away.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If your submission was successful, you should have received a confirmation from McAfee Labs with a Analysis ID #. Another method you could use is to submit it by running the Latest McAfee Getsusp. Please enter your Email address under "Preferences" before running the scan.

This Superb Tool and others can be obtained from here:

Upon successful submission, please allow 4-5 business days for it to be Analyzed/Processed. After the appropriate allowed time, please post back the Work Item # you should have received with your confirmation. We can then contact a Technician from McAfee Labs, and quite possibly expedite the process.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Is this the Link you used to submit?  Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Here is the actual Link to the Document

You will see that it contains the "Virus Research" link to McAfee.com

virus_research@mcafee.com

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Note that you have to zip the file and password protect it with password infected otherwise the email will be ignored. Doing this will get an immediate response and an analysis id number that we can give to the techs later on

0 Kudos
media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

We've submitted it to the Detection Dispute Submission form, by the link you've provided. Also we've sent it to the mentioned email, password protected, several times, however we get no reply.

Could you please check if you received it?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Er we are volunteer mods and have no Mcafee privileges so I cannot check but will ping a tech to popin here if it is password protected correctly an immediate reply is normal I have got this many times.

What size is the file? Maybe if 10mb or less you can restore it deactivate real time scanning and run getsusp from

It will if you ask it submit the file to Mcafee and if you add your email addy to its preferences you will get a work id.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I see that Colleague has basically offered up the same suggestions as I would have. There is nothing more I could contribute to the discussion. I will leave you in the very capable hands of PK. It has been my experience, that following the suggestions given it should suffice.

As PK stated, we are only McAfee Volunteer Moderators. We are limited to the Access/Priviledges of actioning such. Other than attempting to contact someone who can further assist.

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Actually we check our file via virustotal.com

It is ~400kb. I tried to scan it via getsusp but it says that no suspicious files were found, so it does not ask about submitting to Mcafee.

Would be great if you could help to let Mcafee know about us.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Have done so also If no contact soon I will send you an email addy of mine and I will test the submission process once you send me the file or a link to it. Do not put the file or link here it is no allowed.

0 Kudos
media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. Will wait for your reply.

0 Kudos