cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried out Malabyte software? anyproblems running along side mcafee?

Im new here and been having problems with hijacking my mailboxes. A friend said try Malabyte. Will this run along side Mcafee?

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Anyone tried out Malabyte software? anyproblems running along side mcafee?

Hi john.scot,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. I assume you are referring to Malwarebytes(Free). To answer your question, this particular program is designed to compliment all Anti-Virus applications, not as a replacement. You can feel confident utilizIng this Superb program.

You can locate the Download/Program below my Signature(Second Link). or for Malwarebytes(Free) HERE

Download and save to your Desktop, and close all applications/browsers and install. Do not accept the (Free) Trial or activate the (Pro) Version, as it may conflict with McAfee. The (Free) Version will suffice. After updating and running a "Threat Scan" remove and delete any items detected/Restart to entirely remove and complete the process.

All the very Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 6/25/14 5:27:13 PM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Thanks, have tried the free version. I switched off the firewall before downloading - wasn't sure how to disable cAffee for a few mins.  John

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

You should never turn off your firewall for anything and there is no need to turn off McAfee either.   The only time there is a clash is if you are reinstalling McAfee, it will object to MBAM being already installed, but you can tell the installer to ignore that.

Highlighted
k3tg
Level 14
Message 5 of 6

Malwarebytes is an excellent tool to be used in conjunction with McAfee. You can see more information about this in

Catdaddy mentioned do not accept the free trial version but most certainly use the free version

Good luck and let us know if you need any more help

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

If the problem with hijacking of the browser continues you might follow the Hijackthis instructions further down the page in that link mentioned earlier (the last link in my signature below).

Moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance as a more apt spot for it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/06/14 6:25:56 EDT PM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community