Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Annoying popup

I have an annoying popup that I can't seem to get rid of.  I keeps asking me to download a plugin.  It claims to be a video plugin downloader manager which I don't want.  Here is a like to the annoying popup:

Dangerous link removed by Moderator

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/06/13 3:51:58 EDT PM
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Annoying popup

Please don't post dangerous links...instead take a screenshot and post that using the camera symbol.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/06/13 3:52:56 EDT PM
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I know what this is, I think. Someone asked about it in another thread. Have a look at the screenshot in https://community.mcafee.com/message/271225#271225

and if it's the same as you are seeing then do not click on it.

You need to block iframes if possible - in Firefox use NoScript. For other browsers you may need another way to block these. And run a Quick Scan and Malwarebytes just in case.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 24/06/13 21:37:55 IST
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 4 of 7

I ran Maywarebytes PRO several times and it comes up clean.

Ex_Brit, sorry about posting the link, I wasn't aware of the danger it my pose.

Highlighted

That's all OK, I know it was unintentional.   MBAM Pro is fine except look out for possible clashes if it's real-time protection is turned on.  It could clash with McAfee.     

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 6 of 7

I do have real time monitoring turned on but so far I haven't had any problems between Malwarebytes PRO and McAfee.  The only time there seems to be an issue is when I upgrade McAfee and the installation wants to uninstall MBAM PRO which I always allow it to do, but once everything is up and running, they seem to get along well together on the playground.  🙂

Highlighted

It was merely a thought.  I too have MBAM Pro but usually have the realtime protection turned off.       McAfee will object to it, but if you click continue it will go ahead and ignore it.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community