cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis ID: 9425780 Artemis!786AE43A6A91

Jump to solution

Looking for immediate update on case, due to a high number of our customers using McAfee who have forwarded their concern.

Thanks,

Josh

Remote-utilities.com

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Analysis ID: 9425780 Artemis!786AE43A6A91

Jump to solution

All files now clean will not be detected by virustotal as a Mcafee detection.

Re whitelisting you need to contact Mcafee re that

27 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Generally it takes 3-4 Buisness days to Process/Analyze. Especially with the high volume of detections on a daily basis. I can contact someone on your behalf, to quite possibly expedite your case. However being the weekend will have to see.

Thank you for your patience..

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please be informed that I just contacted someone on your behalf.

During the interim, should I receive any correspondence, I will apprise you of such

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks Catdaddy! Hope this fp gets resolved before Monday or Tuesday. Our mail server is about to crash due to the high volume of complaints.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome. As a matter of fact, I heard back from my Contact at McAfee Labs. Which surprised me, with it being the weekend. He did assure me he would get it reviewed.

All the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If it is okay with you, since in reality there has been no confirmation yet. I am going to unmark my thread as "Correct Answer" until it indeed has been whitelisted/resolved . We should hear something here shortly as it is. At that time it would be more appropriate do so.

Thank you for your patience

All the best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Any update cat?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes, it is still being reviewed. Which most times I am afraid to say is unfortunate. Meaning that the Detection may indeed not be a 'False Positive" That is my perception, we should hear something here shortly one way or the other.

Again,Thank you for your patience

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Cat, thanks for the update. I'l wait for the findings report, is it possible to be posted here?

Btw, I'm currently doing my daily FP checking and another file from our software was again tagged as Artemis!18292AE5F209. Do I need to send a separate email for each FP?

McAfee-GW-Edition also tagged the file2 was tagged BehavesLike.Win32.Dropper.wh. Is this a riskware? Please advise.

Thanks!

Josh

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You,re quite welcome. Yes you will need to submit that detection as well. Follow the same procedure you did before.

I cannot surmise if the new detection is or not. I can say that in the past, 'Win32.Dropper'  was associated with 'NSIS' files. Don,t quote me on that though.....

As for the determination of your first Detection, yes we should hear from the Engineer at McAfee Labs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos