cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cavok01
Level 7

ARTEMIS!0CA026927D44 quarantine by McAfee while installing SpeedUpMyPC

McAfee continues to quarantine ARTEMIS!xxxxxxxxxxxx as a TROJAN even after deactivating virus protection to install SpeedUpMyPC. 

After reactivating virus protection ARTEMIS! is again intercepted starting SpeedUpMyPC.  UNIBLUE declares ARTEMIS! is false but the program will not run.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: ARTEMIS!0CA026927D44 quarantine by McAfee while installing SpeedUpMyPC

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to get the Application Analyzed/Processed:

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

As you can see 'SpeedUPMYPC' is considered a Potentially Unwanted Program ( PUP). Remove Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 2015 (Uninstall Guide)

Until McAfee Labs has Analyzed/Whitelisted this program, it will continue to be detected.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
cavok01
Level 7

Thank you for the information.  It seems to me UNIBLUE could add to a fix also.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are quite welcome

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You might want to do some research on Uniblue & SpeedUpMyPC.  I certainly wouldn't allow them anywhere near any of my devices.

Apart from the startling information you may discover I do not recommend them as these kinds of software, whether good or bad are all basically registry cleaners and, believe me, using them usually introduces more problems than they say they are going to clean up.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I am inclined to agree with Colleague Ex_Brit. That is why I inserted that Reputable Removal Guide , should the case be that you decide to remove any remnants it may have installed. Just thought I would add that...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

As a 'Follow-up' did you ever submit your Artemis! Detection following those Guidelines/Instructions? If that is the case, you should have received back a Analysis ID# from McAfee Labs.

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Moved to Malware Discussion > Artemis Discussion > Discussions

For better assistance.

Cliff

Cliff