cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marymary
Level 7

ADW Cleaner 4.205 flagged as Artemis!5B73E70C3FD8

how can I download ADW Cleaner. I've tried from cnet and bleeping computer. tried from the author source also.

Product Information

Antivirus Product - What Antivirus Product is installed on your system Mcafee Security Center   | antivirus anti spyware  | personal firewall  | site advisor

Product Version - What Version of the product is installed  12.8  |16.8  |  13.8  | 3.7206

DAT/Signature Version - What version of th  DAT or Signature files are installed  12.8.992   |16.6.821  | 13.8.724 | 3.7.2.

Engine Version - What version of the antivirus engine is installed  ?  |  2263.0

Malware Information

Detection Name - What's the name of the detection if there is one.  item name is adwcleaner_4.205 (1).exe.6h0wuoa.partial   artemis! 5b73e70c3fd8

Who is detecting - Is the detection name from McAfee Antivirus or another antivirus vendor mcafee

Filename - Filname of the malware that's being detected, or the name of a file you find suspicious

Issue -I think there may be a false positive    I downloaded older version ok a few months ago ok.on other computer

thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: ADW Cleaner 4.205 flagged as Artemis!5B73E70C3FD8

I edited your header to include the  Artemis detection number and moved the thread to that section.

I double-checked my sources and you are correct, the latest version is flagged as a Trojan, incorrectly obviously.

Here's something you could do meanwhile I will email my contact: 

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: ADW Cleaner 4.205 flagged as Artemis!5B73E70C3FD8

I've received an acknowledgement from my contact at McAfee Labs and it is being looked at, no time window given unfortunately.

Thank you for reporting this..

0 Kudos