Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fjrs_351
Level 7

A problem with FotaProvider in my cellphone

Hi.

I´m searching for help.

My Mcafee found me a medium risk and suspicious aplication in my cellphone. It notifies about an aplication named as Fotaprovider version 2.0.5.

I send some photos about every information about this aplication. Infortunately i can´t use the traditional ways to take print screens but i send some photos.

A note about this aplication is about the fact it´s "a non removable app". The phone allows me to clear data, to force stop but i can´t uninstall it or stop it (i think) because after i select "Force stop" and finish the task, the Mcaffe issue icon (in the top of desktop´s area) still appears.

Should i take care about this issue?

Fernando

0 Kudos
9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: A problem with FotaProvider in my cellphone

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to submit your Detection. As Mobile Malware is handled separately compared to Desktops, I will contact someone on your behalf at McAfee Labs.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
fjrs_351
Level 7

In fact i believe the "Guidelines/intsructions"  follow procedures to Windows costumers.

Should i wait for someone from Mcafee labs to respond here? Or there is a direct email i could use to them? I really thanks if you call someone you know to solve this issue :-).

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you please provide me the Make and model of Cellphone you are using?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
fjrs_351
Level 7

Sincerly i think this is the model information:

model (discription in the box): 772

Other ways as this model is dicribed for some people: "model x77" or "model x77 mtk6572".

This cellphone was receved in a promotional campaign to enter in a consumers associaton (i believe each country has its own consumers association). It´s some kind of a budget product with "no mark" or "blank maker" (with no official maker). Outside the box (a blank box) it has in the discription "model 772". In the user manual the best i can find are the specifications.

In youtube i find this cellphone with this keywords: "Deco smartphone" or "Deco proteste smartphone". I don´t you if in your country you can find  videos about "Deco" association.

The most usefull information i can give is the cellphone discription. I don´t know it will help. I send a print of those specifications.

discription.jpg

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Actually I should start "Wiping pie off my face" . This is actually a *Product Issue* , correct me if I am mistaken. I would suggest contacting Technical Support;  https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
fjrs_351
Level 7

I don´t know if it´s a product issue. Anyway i found a conversation forum where someone was discussing some "Fota" malaware in android devices and suggesting some devices could contain (it´s just suspect) suspicious aplications pre-installed:

Malware found: Android Trojan Dropper - can't be removed - Malware Removal for Mobile - Malwarebytes...

Thanks for your support about this situation . I will contact the technical support on the link you gave.

Fernando

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Please inform me of what TS has to say, and I can converse with my contact from the Mobile Malware Team.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Here is your Escalated Ticket Number Ticket #: AM000849 - Mobile Malware.  It may be that I will need more information, please keep checking back as I await more correspondence from the technician at McAfee Labs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Successfully moved from General Discussion to Home User Assistance > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos