cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benny
Level 7

A malware? (calling itself Personal Security) Screen reappears reporting I have problems.

My computer has begun displaying a screen (very similar in appearance to McAfee) which expresses warnings that I have a large number of viruses.  It will show a huge list of these threats.  Clicking upon the displayed fix button a screen which appears and offer the service for $59.95.  I have not accepted this offer.  Trying to close the screen it continues to reappear  throughout the use of the computer.  Not being familiar with this sort of thing, am I correct that this is some form of virus?  I am using the McAfee software which scans and reports that everything is OK.  How should I proceed?  At this point I haven't contacted McAfee because their phonelines are too busy and I'm not sure what is going on.

Can anyone help a 60 year old computer-incompetent?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
maziz
Level 10

Re: A malware? (calling itself Personal Security) Screen reappears reporting I have problems.

Hi

Please download the McAfee Stinger from HERE

Instructions for running the McAfee Stinger are also available on the same page. Please follow these step by step.

Once the scan has completed, select File (top left) and the save the report file. You can then post this here if necessary.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos