Jump to solution

Hi,

I've got this reply from avertlabs.com:

McAfee Labs - Beaverton

Current Scan Engine Version:5400.1158

Current DAT Version:7016.0000

Thank you for your submission.

Analysis ID: 7465053

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----

whereisit.exe       |inconclusive                  |                            |            |no

inconclusive [whereisit.exe]

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if

detection of this sample is warranted.

unquote

Please could somebody kindly tell me how long does it take to reach a conclusion and update the DAT files -I'm pretty sure the file is safe and legit-, and how could I follow up.

I cannot use the software supposedly 'infected' !!

Thank you all,

Berna

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
showvik
Level 12

Re: 7465053 - Re: False Artemis!AB41424D6500

Jump to solution

Hi,

Artemis!AB41424D6500 has been suppressed. This file should no longer be detected.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I can't tell you exactly how long but it's usually pretty fast.   They will either notify you directly or in this thread (or both) as soon as a verdict is reached.

0 Kudos
berna
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Peter.

Today I received the verdict:

McAfee Labs Sample Analysis

Service Request:     Malware Researcher: Showvik Chakraborty

Filename: whereisit.exe

Detected as Artemis!AB41424D6500

Identified: No Virus/Trojan

McAfee Labs, McAfee Labs, Bangalore, India

Thank you for submitting your suspicious file.

Synopsis -

McAfee Labs researchers have examined the file in question and no malware was found.

Solution -

McAfee(R) Artemis technology provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed. As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system. Depending on the network settings you have or the caching involved between your system and ours it may take slightly longer for this false alarm to be resolved.

unquote

So, problem solved.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

That's good.  Wait a little while and then restore it from Quarantine and it should, hopefully, no longer be detected.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Artemis!AB41424D6500 has been suppressed. This file should no longer be detected.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
berna
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, Showvik.

Regards,

Berna

0 Kudos